Cruz and I had a fantastic thanksgiving break. I think that it was one of best long weekends we've had. Maybe because we just did whatever we wanted to do. We didn't have a lot planned. Some of the highlights were:
- Thanksgiving Dinner... As Cruz said "I've been waiting for this day since August 3rd." (We've been eating super healthy since that date... he was looking forward to the food.)
- Spending lots of time with FAMILY. I saw most of my siblings 3 days in a row. That doesn't happen as often as it should. It was fun to chat and be together.
- Movies... We saw 2 movies over the weekend; The Christmas Carol, and The Blind Side. Both pretty great. The Christmas Carol, was a bit slow for me... but the little family sitting behind us made it all the better. My favorite part of the entire movie was when Scrooge sees his wife to be... the little girl behind us said "Mom, you have to do my hair like that ... T O M O R R O W" It was super funny. Thanks to Gerald and Nichole who gave us there tickets we went and saw The Blind Side. Thanks Guys we loved it... a must see at some point!
- Shopping: On black friday I woke up at 7 am. Why? I wasn't planning on getting up early. Sadness... I used the bathroom, and when I got back in bed... I jokingly said to Cruz, should we go shopping? He said "No, I am tired." I said, "okay, good night." Then only a few minutes later he said, "Ok, I am awake... lets go shopping." So, we did. We had a lot of fun, and we were super lucky and didn't have to wait in any long lines. We even bought almost our entire Christmas. Look at me getting things done early. I had to wrap everything on Saturday so that I wouldn't use/wear everything before Christmas.
- Putting up the Christmas Tree. Since I'd wrapped all the presents, it seemed good to get the tree up. It turned out good I think... we posted lots of pictures on facebook.
This post is really about what we are thankful for....
I am thankful for....
- My Husband (He is my perfect match!)
- Alan and Lisa (They help us out all the time.)
- Having 2 cars, so much easier to get things done.
- Family and Friends of course... I would be lost without them.
- The fact that hard work pays off. (I have lost 30 lbs.)
Cruz is thankful for...
- My beautiful wife (ah... so cute, uh!)
- New Car... and other new things for Christmas.
- Having a job!
- Making it to my healthy weight. (He has lost about 60 lbs. AMAZING!!)
I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!