MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.
PS... I just hope our newly planted flowers don't die.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
- reading my parents weekly email, about their adventures in iceland.
- green grass, and flowers.
- string cheese.
- laying in my hubby's arm pit. (really I am laying more towards his shoulder, but we call it the arm pit. I say "love, can I lay in your arm pit", he then says "yes" It is one of the best places to lay.)
- afternoon nap.
- the ride home from work, 12 relaxing minutes all to myself.
- giant flowers in babies hair.
- watching my husband watch americas most funny videos... he laughs way too hard. (I think we've only seen this twice, but his reaction is more funny than the show.)
- picnics on a cozy blanket, on a spring day.
What things make YOU happy?
Saturday, May 15, 2010
We really haven’t had so much fun for a while. Ocho de Mayo, who would have know that you’d be such a hit. :) A bunch of friends gathered at our place, and then we went to cafe rio. It was so fun to see friends we hadn't see in a long while, as well as those we see all the time. ;) We ordered food of our choice and then took it back to our place. Yum! All in all I think there were about 20 friends that gathered at some point that evening. We had lots of good eats... guacamole, salsas, queso, chips, fruit, etc... Our stomachs were full all night. Megan and I even made a tres leches cake. To finish off the night there were margaritas, pina colada, and strawberry daiquiris for everyone. (Thanks Andre for picking up some extra ice.) Loved the games and most of all loved all those who came to celebrate with us. (I am planning for all the pics to go up on facebook, so I only posted one here.)
Here is the recipe for the TRES LECHES CAKE: (Sad that there is no picture, it was super good.)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole milk
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2.Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3.Cream butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
4.Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
6.Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
7.Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Top with sliced strawberries. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!