Monday, February 7, 2011

Turning the big 3-0!!

Do you remember last years birthday... when I turned 29? See here.
I was wondering how my fantastic husband would make this birthday just as great...
well... he managed to do just that!






Cruz said that he was thinking "COME ON" when I counted wrong. LOL.





On Friday (01.28.2011) we had some friends over for a little gathering of birthday-ness. It was a lot of fun. We did a chocolate fountain, and everyone brought a treat to dip in the chocolate goodness. Thanks to Ashley who saved the chocolate, and made it all work. :) Good times with good laughs. It was a great birthday.
On Saturday we met up with my family at Malawi's Pizza, and it was oh, so good. Seriously I liked it a lot. Their slogan is "Pizza with a purpose" and donates the cost of a meal for an orphan in the southeast African nation of Malawi every time it rings up your order. We even ordered a few of the dessert pizzas, and they were also yummy. I think I will visit again soon. 

I did have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY indeed. I consider a birthday a holiday, it's your own personal holiday. (If only we could have PTO for it.) But this year I did turn 30. 
Questions that people asked...
  • Q: Did you do everything that you wanted to do in your 20's? 
  • A: Yes, I guess so. (Is there some stuff that you CAN do in your 20's that you CAN'T do in your 30's that I would want to do? Is what I was wondering.)
  • Q: Do you feel like you are now OLD?
  • A: Not really, I think you feel as OLD as you want to feel. When I am sick, I feel 90ish. On a normal day I feel young. Not like 7 or something but I feel pretty good. It's not like I plan on dying in my 30s.
But, on my very BIRTHDAY I did make this LIST...
30 things to do while I am 30:
  1. Go to a foreign country 08.2011 England, France, Italy, Switzerland....
  2. Read an entire book in ONE week
  3. Have a garden of some kind  Summer 2011, potted plant... it is a start.
  4. Go on a road trip 07.24.2011 Weekend Vegas, and on to California.
  5. Give something away on my blog
  6. Run a 5k (already signed up for one) 03.2011, my husband made this my best run ever. (not in time, but in LOVE.)
  7. Go camping  07.24.2011 Went to payson lakes.
  8. Ride a roller-coaster 07.2011 Roosevelt fair grounds
  9. Donate to a charity 07.2011 Took 2 big bags of clothing to drop off center.
  10. Watch the sunrise 08.2011 in Monaco France... AWESOME
  11. Try a NEW food 08.2011 in France we ate frog legs and snails
  12. Swim in the ocean 07.24.2011 Long Beach Cali. (08.2011, plus in Monaco France.)
  13. Decorate my home office 
  14. Do something out of my comfort zone 
  15. Give blood or plasma 02.12.2011, plasma
  16. Surprise my Husband 06.2011, b-day camping trip
  17. Double my Spanish skills
  18. Ride my bike to work 04.2011 Not exactly to my full time job, but to my photoshop class I taught. I would have rode my bike to Covenant, but geneva road is taken over by construction.
  19. Write a letter and send it via snail mail 
  20. Make a photo album (not just a digital version) 
  21. Buy a fancy dress 
  22. Make art and sell it (or a craft) 07.2011 Friend asked me to make a family rules subway art for her. It was fun, and she was great to work with. 
  23. Learn a new photography skill 
  24. Give someone a gift just because 10.2011 fun! I'll keep it private. 
  25. Celebrate a random holiday 02.02.2011 chinese NY
  26. Have a BBQ in our backyard 
  27. Make something I've never made before 10.07.2011, made Thai curry for the 1st time. 
  28. Send out Christmas cards (we made them last year, and never printed or sent them) 12.2011, done and in the mail. :) Merry Christmas.
  29. Have someone over from our ward for dinner Mckenzie and Greg
  30. Get a message 10.01.2011 fantastic.
I am not stressing over this list. It is just for fun. It has somethings that will be a challenge like #3, #6, and #14... but mostly these are good things, fun things... so let's see how many I do, I think I can do most of them sooner rather than later, I guess we will see. :) Cheers to being 30. So far so good.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday again Chris!!! Your festivities were very fun as always! I'm glad you had a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete