Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good wishes for Japan

Here is the Christmas card I designed for Christmas 2010. LOL!! I never posted it, nor did I ever send it out. This was one of, and probably my favorite designs that I did. It was simple, it was one of the best pictures that we took while in Venezuela... during the attempted family photo-shoot. Came across this file today, and thought about those in Japan. Probably because I love those people. I served (an LDS mission) in the Japan Hiroshima Mission in 2002-2003. I wish that they didn't have to have an earthquake or a tsunami. I wish them LOVE & JOY, I also wish them STRENGTH & PEACE, and SAFELY & HOPE. Donations can be contributed here. I am shocked at this disaster. Watching the news makes me cry. Seeing homes float and crumble; cars, vans, floating, people waving from roof tops. I love that the Japanese people have stayed true to their kind hearts. Watching the news they told stories of people patiently waiting in line for food, offering crackers to news reporters... even though they only had little food for themselves. There hasn't been looting, and the crime rate hasn't risen. What good examples they are. Please pray for the people in Japan. Please, please.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post and my prayers are with them for sure. Thanks for putting a personal note to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So heartbreaking! I'll keep them in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to watch ones you love go through such a hard time. It truly is a tragedy and I hope things get better for the people of Japan soon....so much re-building...so much change. I know the missionaries there are doing what they can to help in whatever area they can. Safety first, and then you can serve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to know how many people must have lost everything. True to Japanese character, they just ganbaru. While I'm sad for those in the area, I am thankful that our mission was far away from the disaster and the people we personally know and love are safe!

    ReplyDelete